Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Weekly Herald

My own little online newspaper of recent developments...

Hookin' Up
     While putting myself on the Knitmore Girls' map locator on Ravelry, I discovered there's another Knitmore fan who lives in my area. So I sent her a message--and she answered! Her name is Sue and she is very nice and we are going to meet up next week! How will we recognize each other inside a busy Subway? By our knitting bags!

Recent Acquisitions
      Knit Socks! by Betsy Lee McCarthy.  I'd been checking it out of the library and finally decided I needed my own copy. It has patterns for socks made with worsted yarn among its great selection, plus a number of helpful hints. Plus it's shaped like a sock!

      Not entirely coincidentally,  another new sock book came to live with me this week: Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrot's Sock Club.  I've been wanting that book ever since I found out it existed, but then the Knitmore Girls gave it a very favorable review on Episode 110 so then I really needed it. (Jasmin: "Did you need it or just want it?" Gigi: "Same thing.")

       I will just mention that I made both of these purchases after sternly telling myself that I do not need any more sock books.

Project Progress
        For my Vanilla Sock, I have started the toe decreases... For my Little Arrowhead Shawl, ummm, I have taken it out and petted it. And should I count work on this blog as progress? Okay I will: I made two blogs posts this week! There, that made this article a little more substantial.

I have a new project in mind too, but am not going to talk about it until I start it, in case I don't.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment